Rawlins National Bank is looking for an experienced Commercial Lender to join our growing team!
We offer competitive pay, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, 401K and a bonus program. This position will work from the Longmont, CO location and must be familiar with the Northern Colorado market.
Summary:Responsible for extending of credit to agricultural, commercial loan, real estate and some consumer loan customers and by assisting in the day to day operations of the Longmont Branch by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess strong new business development skills and actively seek and build new loan and depository relationships that will help build the Bank’s loan portfolio with quality credits.
- Interview loan applicant and collect and analyze financial data to determine the general creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specific loan request.
- Make credit decisions within range of authority and policies.
- Maintain current awareness of business economy and local real estate market to accurately determine valuations in support of loans.
- Conduct field inspections of business operations at regular intervals to analyze use of land, labor, management, and capital, to determine condition and marketability of collateral, all to ensure that loans remain properly secured.
- Assure timely loan closings and fundings.
- Potentially serve as a voting member of Loan Committee who evaluates loan requests. Present information to Loan Committee when credit requests are above range of authority and policies also for informational purposes.
- Actively pursues collection of delinquent accounts and resolution of problem credits.
- Ensure the protection of the Bank’s interest in matters of adequate documentation and adherence to Bank loan policy and the various laws and regulations applicable to credit.
- Adhere to applicable Federal and State banking laws and regulations.
- Promote the bank when at all possible: Through civic organizations, professional associations and general community involvement to put the bank in a good light.
Nonessential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and approve daily customer overdrafts.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate will have knowledge and background of the Northern Colorado market.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general computer knowledge.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Rawlins National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Employer.